Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
Yearly Visit for those on Medicare Part B
One of the best ways to stay healthy is through preventative care. Medicare
covers a free benefit called the Annual Wellness Visit that will help
you make a plan with your healthcare team for how to stay healthy.
What is the Annual Wellness Visit?
medicare yearly wellness visit, you will meet with your healthcare team to discuss your medical history,
your risk for certain diseases, the current state of your health, and
your plan for staying healthy.
What’s typically included in your Annual Wellness Visit?
- Measurement of your height, weight, and blood pressure
- Review of your Health Risk Assessment, as well as your medical and family history
- Review of your functional ability, level of safety, and risks for disease
- Screening for any cognitive impairment
- Review of your preventative care needs
- Identification of risks or conditions that need attention
- Health education and referrals to resources
What’s typically not included in your Annual Wellness Visit?
- Medicare does not cover an annual physical examination that is not related
to a treatment or diagnosis for a specific illness, symptom, compliant
or injury. Office visits to manage existing health conditions, evaluate
and diagnose new health issues, prescribe or make medications changes,
and perform lab tests or diagnostic studies are not typically covered
by Medicare’s Preventative Services benefit, and could incur a copay,
coinsurance, or deductible, depending on your plan’s policy.
- If you are interested in scheduling both an annual wellness visit andoffice
visit to address your chronic health needs on the same date, we will be
happy to arrange this.
What do I need to bring to my Annual Wellness Visit?
- A list of the members of your healthcare team
- The names of your medical equipment supply companies
- A list of all of your medicines and dosages, including over-the-counter
drugs, vitamins, and herbals
- The names of the pharmacies you use
- Prior to your visit, please fill out our online Health Risk Assessment
307.739.8999 to schedule your annual wellness medicare visit.